Q: What is the prescription drug Abilify and why is it prescribed?

A: Abilify is an atypical antipsychotic, specifically a partial dopamine agonist, that is used to treat schizophrenia, bipolar disorder, major depressive disorder, Tourette syndrome, and irritability associated with autism.

Q: What are the side effects of Abilify?

A: Common side effects of Abilify are restlessness, headache, nervousness, insomnia, fatigue, dizziness, blurred vision, heartburn, and constipation. However, Abilify has been linked to more serious side effects including uncontrollable urges such as: compulsive gambling, shopping, overeating, or hypersexuality.

Q: Why did my doctor prescribe Abilify if it has these side effects?

A: Abilify has had positive results in treating mental disorders; however, as the labeling did not require warnings about impulse-control issues, your doctor may not have been aware of possible reactions to the drug.

Q: Has any legal action been taken against Abilify based on these findings?

A: Lawsuits are beginning to be filed against the manufacturer of Abilify. If you or a loved one has been injured as a result of using Abilify, take action immediately and contact an experienced attorney today.

Q: How do I know if I have a viable case in the Abilify lawsuit?

A: If you or someone you know has suffered from uncontrollable urges while taking Abilify, you may have a case for joining in the litigation.

Q: How long do I have to file an Abilify lawsuit?

A: Every state has maximum time limitations on when an injury claim must be filed. These time restrictions are known as statutes of limitations. If a claim is not filed against the manufacturer before the statute of limitation expires, the injured persons are forever prevented from bringing a claim against the entities and persons who may be liable for their injuries.

If you have been potentially injured by the use of Abilify, your statute of limitations may already have expired, or may expire in the very near future. Unfortunately, there is no way for us to tell you without us first reviewing the individual facts of your situation.

Q: What should I do if I want to pursue legal action?

A: If you believe you are suffering or have suffered from uncontrollable urges resulting from the use of Abilify, first see a doctor immediately. You should also report the incident to your physician and the FDA.

To find out if you are eligible to file a claim in an Abilify lawsuit, contact McDivitt Law Firm at 800-378-4252 or request a free and confidential case evaluation.